Food poisoning caused by contaminated paella at the Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort and Spa

The expert holiday illness team at JPS Walker have been consulted by holidaymakers who have become unwell after staying at the Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort and Spa in Mexico.

The Grand Sunset Princess Hotel is a 5 star All inclusive, beach front resort offering 8 outdoor pools and 9 restaurants in the popular destination of Playa del Carmen.

Bacillus Infection Caused by Paella

JPS Walker are assisting a holidaymaker claim compensation after being hospitalised due to severe diarrhoea and vomiting.  Upon returning to the UK the holidaymaker was admitted to hospital and tested positive for Bacillus infection which was caused as a result of eating contaminated Paella from the hotel buffet.

We have received reports of lukewarm food, flies around the buffet and fresh food being placed on top of old food.

The common source of contracting Bacillus can be a variety of foods, particularly rice and leftovers, as well as sauces, soups, and other prepared foods that have sat out too long at room temperature.

When food is not cooked correctly or left out for a long time this results in warm, undercooked food which is a ripe breeding ground for germs and bacteria. Bacillus can be easily avoided by ensuring all food is piping hot.

If you have contracted a gastric illness, in the last three years, due to poor food safety and hygiene standards whilst on a package holiday, then you may be able to pursue a claim against your tour operator.  The Package Travel Regulations 1992 enable British holidaymakers to bring claims in this country for the failings at their package holiday hotel.

If you have become unwell after staying at the Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort and Spa, JPS Walker can help you make a claim for compensation on a no win no fee basis. For further information contact our expert team on 0161 713 5575 or email info@jpswalker.co.uk

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on print
Share on email

Related posts

Food poisoning caused by contaminated paella at the Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort and Spa
2018-06-11T09:26:56+01:00
James Walsh