Bedbugs are a growing problem in the hotel industry both in the UK and abroad. Bed bug bites are particularly unpleasant and can result in significant discomfort and even scarring.
It can be difficult to avoid bedbugs as they can easily be transported in luggage, clothing and furniture. Once they’re in a room, they can quickly spread so it’s important to take the following precautions to try and minimise any impact:
- Look out for unexplained bites/rashes. They are often found in lines on exposed areas of the skin such as the face, neck, arms or hands;
- You should check your bed and mattress on a regular basis for signs of infestation and seek immediate professional advice if you think you have bed bugs;
- You should avoid buying second hand mattresses and carefully inspect second hand furniture before bringing it into your home;
- Check your bedframe, mattress seams and joints of furniture for small black dots which are bedbug faeces;
- You may notice an unpleasant musty smell in your bedroom;
- Check your sheets for bloodstains as you may have rolled over in your sleep and crushed a bed bug after it has fed on you.
If you have suffered from bedbug bites, then contact our experienced team on 0161 713 5575 or complete our online form on our website and we will be in touch as soon as possible to let you know how we can help.